Edna Clayton's 101st birthday.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Drago

Legendary Member
Count me in Bradders.

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Self explanatory story on BBC..

Edna will be 101 on January 31st. Due to covid she spent her 100th birthday alone. She is now in residential care.
Anyone with a spare birthday card knocking around? It could join the one I am posting to:

Edna Clayton,
Hector House,
2 Hector Road,
Shawlands,
Glasgow.
G41 3RL.

Let's help Edna have the best of birthdays!

Ooh, my wife makes fabulous birthday cards by hand, I'll get her to do one for Edna.

may well do - thanks for posting.

Hope she enjoys her bus trip.

interesting point about her not getting a telegram or whatever from the queen on her 100th as no one applied.

Had always assumed that this was initiated automatically by the govt just having birth records.

(by the by if the queen hits 100 does she send herself one?)

T4tomo

Legendary Member
Had always assumed that this was initiated automatically by the govt just having birth records.
Yes I thought this was auto, as my gran rest her soul, made it to just short of her 106th birthday. I've just checked and if you are in receipt of state pension or other benefits the DWP automatically triggers it. maybe they had a glitch last year

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Did anyone else read the address and think of this?

View: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qJMAeuFoxRI

Yes!

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
I delivered our card to the care home yesterday by hand. I wasn't exactly sure which building it would be until I turned the corner and it was obvious. Every window of the ground floor was covered in birthday cards, as was the front porch and door, with her name written above it.

According to the BBC, she received over 30,000 cards from around the world, including one from the queen.

Top Bottom