Effing burglar

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

domd1979

Veteran
This weekend was away working at the railway centre. We have a carriage that we use for accommodation. Woken up at 05:30 this morning by a lot of rifling through stuff in the kitchen going on. Initially thought it was one of the others faffing round trying to get a drink of water or something. Racket carried on. Shouted something not very polite as bit annoyed my kip was interrupted. Mate in the compartment next to the kitchen twigged all was not well and got out of bed. At which point burglar man appears and says "er, I was just having a look round, I'll be off then"!! With that walks calmly out of the coach. He'd nabbed a camera left on the kitchen table, beer out the fridge and tried grabbing a roll of spanners on the way out but thought better of it. Not a great way to start a Sunday....

Transpired later on that other railway vehicles on site had been broken into and other stuff nicked. Must have been more than one of them and they must have gone to the trouble of bringing a vehicle into a nearby field because both sets of main gates to the site were locked.

Police turned up this afternoon to talk to people but don't rate their chances of getting him :smile::angry::angry:

Still very very annoyed about the whole thing to say the least (I'm lucky in that it wasn't my camera that went) and still can't believe the brass neck to be so calm with his "I'll be off then". He doesn't know how lucky he is that another of our members wasn't stopping over last night as if he had the police would have been coming out to one very unconscious burglar.....

PBancroft

Can't abide people that do that kind of thing.

Top Bottom