Effing insects!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snapper_37

Barbara Woodhouse's Love Child
For some reason there was a big influx of annoying little nat type things coming home tonight (not the kids on the 50cc scooters). :sad:

I hate it when they get into the vents of the helmet/nose/mouth/any other open void.:blush:

Anyone else got the little sods?? :smile:

BentMikey

Rider of Seolferwulf
No, none here. If I were you, I'd check for crabs.

threefingerjoe

Über Member
Yeah, there are a LOT of those little dog-pecker gnats here, too! I live in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. Didn't encounter many this summer, but a bunch of them must have hatched out in the last week. Part of my commute runs next to a river, and that section is SWARMING with them. I get them plastered all over the front of me, and they get trapped in the hair on my arms, my beard, etc. I hope that if people see them crawling out of my beard, that it doesn't reflect negatively on my personal hygene. ;-)

threefingerjoe said:
Yeah, there are a LOT of those little dog-pecker gnats here, too! I live in St. Louis, Missouri, USA. Didn't encounter many this summer, but a bunch of them must have hatched out in the last week. Part of my commute runs next to a river, and that section is SWARMING with them. I get them plastered all over the front of me, and they get trapped in the hair on my arms, my beard, etc. I hope that if people see them crawling out of my beard, that it doesn't reflect negatively on my personal hygene. ;-)

Ha ha ha! I love that description - top class Joe! :?:

Mr Phoebus

Part of my commute passes next to a river that runs directly next to a canal.
Yes, those bloody flies are a right pain!
My new cycling glasses (with five pairs of lenses) have just arrived. :biggrin:
No more conjunctivitis all because one of the little bastards has covertly snuck away under my eyelid. :bicycle:

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
snapper_37 said:
For some reason there was a big influx of annoying little nat type things coming home tonight (not the kids on the 50cc scooters). :tongue:

I hate it when they get into the vents of the helmet/nose/mouth/any other open void.:cry:

Anyone else got the little sods?? xx(

Your lucky. I nearly got taken out by a bouquet of pheasants whom I startled on my way home last night. One missed my head by literally cms to spare.

(Note: When I say startled I don't mean in the same way as RichP startled that sheep ;) and what a great term for a collective of pheasants in flight:biggrin:)

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
Quite an old thread,but i've been suffering these last few days! When it's mild and damp i get attacked by midges...badly! I can't even have my windows open,as the feckers get into my flat and lie in wait for me returning. They mainly go for my head and eyebrows. I've tried citronella spray,but it doesn't hold the horrible things off! Any suggestions?:sad:

Last edited:

Ming the Merciless

There is no mercy
Photo Winner
attachment.png

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
...and not only that,but for the past week or so i've been over-run by tiny red flies in my kitchen! It's my own fault,as i let a banana go a bit manky which probably attracted them. I also have a few empty beer bottles which might also attract them. I'm guessing they're either fruit flies,beer flies or both! The dilemma is that if i open the windows to try and get them to fly out those fecking midges will come in!😒

Top Bottom