Electrical gadgets that still work many years later

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

wafter

I like steel bikes and I cannot lie..
Stuff I have personally because trying to think about what I've unintentionally inherited down in the damp shed makes me sad...

My widesceen Dell flat panel monitor is 18yrs old and has seen pretty much daily use, I have a set of small Technics pseudo-seperates that I must have got in my mid-late teens, so 25yrs+ and again used pretty much daily. I have a Philips beard trimmer that's probably of similar age to the stereo and has been opened up once for its NiCd battery to be replaced.

Hyslop

Veteran
Until four weeks ago I had a Prestcold freezer in the outhouse, used mainly for extras as it were.It finally gave up the ghost after what I reckon must have been at least 40 years of use, amazing really,probably the stuff of nightmares to modern day manufacturers !My Father worked for Norweb(Google if that you need!)and all kinds of appliances,including my first Braun shaver made it's way to our house.Some are still around !
Mind you,I've never dry shaved since that rotten little shaver , useless thing.

presta

Guru
Want to feel old? Today I got some old 3½" floppy discs out of the drawer and our new starter didn't know what they were.
When I was a student I programmed an ICL 4100 with punched cards, and the Intel MDS226 we had at work used 8" floppy discs. The HP 64000 system that replaced it had a HDD which was about 12"x12"x5", and held a whole 80MB!.

Top Bottom