Electrolyte Replacement

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

aces_up1504

Not directly cycling related, but I am doing the 3peaks this weekend and it looks like its going to be very hot.

I am a little worried nutrition and liquid.

I was thinking of getting some High5 Zero to replace lost Elecrolytes and just going with trail mix and wine gums for carb and sugar energy.

Seem ok?

Not directly cycling related, but I am doing the 3peaks this weekend and it looks like its going to be very hot.

I am a little worried nutrition and liquid.

I was thinking of getting some High5 Zero to replace lost Elecrolytes and just going with trail mix and wine gums for carb and sugar energy.

Seem ok?

I'd probably use SIS Electrolyte as that is carb loaded too and will make sure that you get liquids. But as long as you take on plenty liquid then your solution will be fine imho.

Ningishzidda

Have a look at the ingredients of High5 zero tablets.

You will soon deduce that they consist of Sodium Bicarbonate with a vitamin & mineral cocktail, flavouring and caking agent.

Take a multivit tab every day. Mix 1 tsp of Sodium bicarbonate in a 500 ml bottle of water and ribena.

Done.

Their function is to keep the digestive tract in an alkaline state by neutralising acids and adding extra alkalinity. When the gut is alkaline, the blood will be and all fluids within the muscles.

Mile195

Veteran
I make up a bottle of sweet cordial with salt.

Use warm water to make up a cordial, and dump about two dessert spoons of sugar in it, and half a teaspoon of salt, for a 1 litre bike bottle. that's what I do. Seems to do the trick, and much cheaper than sports drinks.

Top Bottom