Elite Drivo II users (especially Rouvy)

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Velochris

Über Member
The Drivo 2 is currently heavily discounted.

I recently bought a discounted Drivo 1. Thr power accuracy was superb but when climbing virtual mountains on Rouvy it would often apply excess resistance when gradients increased. I could only just turn the pedals. After a short time (about 10 seconds which is too long) it would back off and settle down.

Messaged Elite who basically said "use our software instead'.

With the new Drivo 2 supposing to offer faster resistance I was wondering if that would help.

Any experiences?

martin22

Just reading this thread as I'm looking at getting a drivo 2!

Did you try your drivo with any other software, e.g. zwift or BigringVR, to eliminate the chance it might be software rather than hardware. Both those do free trials, I use BigringVR a lot.

OP
OP
Velochris

Velochris

Über Member
Zwift was okay. Not as quick gradient changes as my Kickr but no excess resistance.

Erg mode was fine on Rouvy so possibly a software issue but Elite advertise as compatible with Rouvy, hence why I returned (to Halfords who were excellent).

Technically I think Elite have the best power measuring system and thought the general road feel was as good as Wahoo.

JuhaL

Guru
I bought Drivo 2 nearly 3 months a go but i have only ride with Zwift. Resistance unit is fast, resistance seems to change fast, almost before i can see percentage change on a screen. First notice was when i did my first ride was is my physical shape getting worst. I ride Bkool Smart Pro 1 before Drivo 2, so my comparisons are for that trainer. It wasn't worst, i can say it is realistic now. Now i have to say i am more even with Drivo 2. I don't know is my physical shape improved, probably yes but i can product more power than when i did my first rides. I am very happy with Drivo 2. Sometimes it's a tough work but so it should be in a steep ascents. Need to try with BigringVR to see how it behaves with that one.

Top Bottom