Embarrassing moments

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

snorri

Legendary Member
Why is this in commuting?
'Cos there's not a Garbage section?

Donger

Convoi Exceptionnel
OK. I'm not proud. I'll get this one back on track then. In my first ever audax I was repeatedly overtaken by a little old lady in a long skirt, riding an old-fashioned sit-up-and- beg bike with a wicker basket on the front. Every time I hit a steep hill, I could hear her coming, because she even had enough breath left to sing a little song to herself as she climbed. Whenever I got to the top of a hill I hurtled past her downhill like a meteorite and left her in my trail ... only to see the next hill approaching, with the inevitability of hearing her approach, singing la-di-da, tra la la etc all over again. It was my first time over 60 miles, and I was gasping like a fish at least 20 miles before the end. She looked like she was just nipping to the church fete. Every blasted hill I hit, she reeled me in again like a mullet. Eventually, I caught a good look at her at one of the rest breaks ... gnarled, muscular legs, proper cycling kit beneath her skirt, not as old as she was dressed - totally sporty type and about a third of my weight. She must have had a right laugh conning and picking off unsuspecting newbies on her way round. I now take no account of age or gender when sizing up my fellow riders. We are all just cyclists. We probably all suffer on the hills - you have to, to earn muscles like that. It's just that some can hide it better than others.

captain nemo1701

Space cadet. Deck 42 Main Engineering.
I have definitely been a victim of number 2.....ashamedly.

Also I do like singing out loud and tell barking dogs in garden to shut the eff up and then their owns peer around the corner and I cycle just a bit faster.

I have also fallen victim to the I-am-alone-loud-fart only to find that someone else has quietly wandered over near to you within earshot. Even more embarassing is if it's a right eye-watering paint-stripper^_^. I just try to brazen it out with 'I'm full of beans today' etc. However, cycling bib tights with pad help muffle the noise:rolleyes:.

You can guarantee that if I'm busting for a pee out riding, I'll find a quiet bush miles out of the way, out of sight to anyone, unzip the bib tights and start only to find that by some wierd freak synchronicity, a feckin' dog walker will materialise from nowhere mere yards away:ohmy:. How do they do it???.

Lavender Rose

Specialized Fan Girl
I have also fallen victim to the I-am-alone-loud-fart only to find that someone else has quietly wandered over near to you within earshot. Even more embarassing is if it's a right eye-watering paint-stripper^_^. I just try to brazen it out with 'I'm full of beans today' etc. However, cycling bib tights with pad help muffle the noise:rolleyes:.

You can guarantee that if I'm busting for a pee out riding, I'll find a quiet bush miles out of the way, out of sight to anyone, unzip the bib tights and start only to find that by some wierd freak synchronicity, a feckin' dog walker will materialise from nowhere mere yards away:ohmy:. How do they do it???.

Its easy for men!!!! *tuts* I just have to wait to find a pub with a landlord I can chat up for a go in the loo ;)

Top Bottom