Emergency contact details on iPhone

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Totally agree but if you dont have those or any need of those because you have no allergies or major health isdues or are involved in a mass casualty incident its what the emergency service will look for along with tags and paper.

Why knock something that could help you, is widely used by those that may need to help you and is something so easily done. It may just save your life or get your family reunited with you before its too late.

Or...

Why not point out the limitations of something that cannot be completely relied upon to help you, is limited in reliability to those that may need to help you and is something so easily done (if you have a smartphone)... and which may just fail to save your life or get your family reunited with you before its too late, if you haven't backed it up with a more robust system.

OP
OP
simon.r

simon.r

Person
Out of curiosity, who sent the e-mail?

A colleague who received it from his daughter, a serving police officer.

I'm surprised by the negative reaction, I thought it made sense. The phone can be on or off and it will still work.

I fully accept that it's not going to be the first thing that anyone looks for, but if, for example, I'm unconcious but stable in hospital I could imagine someone taking a few seconds to try it and give my wife a call.

classic33

Leg End Member
A colleague who received it from his daughter, a serving police officer.

I'm surprised by the negative reaction, I thought it made sense. The phone can be on or off and it will still work.

I fully accept that it's not going to be the first thing that anyone looks for, but if, for example, I'm unconcious but stable in hospital I could imagine someone taking a few seconds to try it and give my wife a call.
I asked the question about who sent it because it looked a bit dodgy.
Going to the ICE site confirms the details given and that was updated in November last year(2014). So it still seems relative.

classic33

Leg End Member
Why? This is specific to that brand of phone.
There's an e-mail in circulation that gives you similar instructions and you end up locking yourself out of your own handset.

Profpointy

Legendary Member
Mmm, why not just stick a label on the back of the phone (if we're determined for it to be phone related at all) ?

Archie_tect

De Skieven Architek... aka Penfold + Horace
I like low-tech solutions to things.... card with name of contact and phone number in case it gets lost or if I'm found unconscious.

Arjimlad

Tights of Cydonia
I have my wife's number on the lockscreen so if my phone is lost and the person finding it honest, she will get a call. Also, in the bubblewrap bag I use to carry phone, £10 note and a bank card in when riding, there is one of my business cards with my home contact details, date of birth, next of kin & blood group etc. This sits in a jersey pocket.

Top Bottom