End of the season

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

palinurus

Velo, boulot, dodo
Probably. Looks like the final event I was planning to enter, cancelled due to snow, isn't going to be rescheduled.

Although there's a final Rugby Velo promoted event tomorrow. And it's near a station that's about 1.5 hours from me..

Maybe, maybe.. What with the weather and it being the last event of the season I bet it'll be heaving.

Otherwise I'll be back for some more around September, once the somewhat duller part of the cycling season is out of the way.

I've learned some useful stuff, it's been good. I know where to find grip when going uphill, I'm getting a bit more used to the feel of riding in mud, I can almost remount- except when on the wrong side of a camber (i've only just figured that out)

My most successful race tactic has been to turn up when the weather is truly horrible: keeps some of the competition away. Came 9th in one event using this tactic. I won't post how many finishers there were (it wasn't 9, alright).

'till next season then, cheers!

dan_bo

How much does it cost to Oldham?
Nice one P. My season petered out mid december for various reasons but after two seasons i've started to work out what my strengths are off-road, and I've also acknowledged the value of lowering your tyre pressures. Looking forward to some of the local summer evening races june-july. just got to get fitter now!

Dave5N

Über Member
palinurus said:
Probably. Looks like the final event I was planning to enter, cancelled due to snow, isn't going to be rescheduled.

Although there's a final Rugby Velo promoted event tomorrow. And it's near a station that's about 1.5 hours from me..

Maybe, maybe.. What with the weather and it being the last event of the season I bet it'll be heaving.

Otherwise I'll be back for some more around September, once the somewhat duller part of the cycling season is out of the way.

I've learned some useful stuff, it's been good. I know where to find grip when going uphill, I'm getting a bit more used to the feel of riding in mud, I can almost remount- except when on the wrong side of a camber (i've only just figured that out)

My most successful race tactic has been to turn up when the weather is truly horrible: keeps some of the competition away. Came 9th in one event using this tactic. I won't post how many finishers there were (it wasn't 9, alright).

'till next season then, cheers!

No. A long way for many in the West Mids and too late for many others.

Very small fields today. I didn't ride but the rest of the family did. The boy did alright too. :laugh:

mr-marty-martin

my seasons over

just been stripping it all down today and im going to build a second cross bike up for next season, and get them both painted the same colour...

can't wait till next season...

ive had a decent one this year, good for my first anyway

won the northen bcf league

and lost the tli one by 2 points ( had a bad start to the season as i didnt have a cross bike...)

and i finally beat the lad ive been after all season ( the northern champ ) in a sprint finish a few weeks ago...

roll on next season eh...

mr-marty-martin

yep sure does...

Top Bottom