Energy drink questions...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Hont

Guru
Bigtwin said:
Read several papers (literally - not on the web) that debunked this, finding that all the caffeine did was perk you up a bit to work harder - made no actual difference metabolically to burn rate or anything else.

Well it wouldn't surprise me, as nutrition advice seems to change every six weeks. But you'll forgive me if I don't take your word for it, especially concerning it making no difference at all, given the weight of evidence to the contrary.

OP
OP
S

semaj

Lots of interst in this topic!!

So if im eating the same as I was before, coming home and doing an hour on the bike, do I need to eat before or after I go?? Lunch at 12, home between 5 and 5.30, then out straight away, is that too long a gap, If I eat tea around 7.30??

jimboalee

semaj said:
Lots of interst in this topic!!

So if im eating the same as I was before, coming home and doing an hour on the bike, do I need to eat before or after I go?? Lunch at 12, home between 5 and 5.30, then out straight away, is that too long a gap, If I eat tea around 7.30??

You've got fat you don't want. This means you have eaten too much at sometime in the past. If you're weight is not increasing or decreasing, this means you are eating just the right amount to maintain weight.

If you decide to eat the same amount, do your hour on the bike anytime you wish but DON'T eat extra for it. 600 kCals for the daily bike riding is 4200 kCals / week, which is about half a kg of fat per week. That's a healthy loss rate.

Don't worry about bathroom scales. The mirror and your trouser size will tell the story.

:smile:

nigelnorris

Just saw Thor Hushovd being given a can of coke from his support vehicle, fizz and all. I'd say I'd go with that myself but then I saw that he had to throw it away because he couldn't work the ringpull with his teeth :rolleyes:

jimboalee

nigelnorris said:
Just saw Thor Hushovd being given a can of coke from his support vehicle, fizz and all. I'd say I'd go with that myself but then I saw that he had to throw it away because he couldn't work the ringpull with his teeth :smile:

Anyone who can't open a ring-pull can with one hand shouldn't be riding a bicycle. ;)

Hont

Guru
nigelnorris said:
Just saw Thor Hushovd being given a can of coke from his support vehicle, fizz and all. I'd say I'd go with that myself but then I saw that he had to throw it away because he couldn't work the ringpull with his teeth :biggrin:

I saw that and couldn't believe he didn't just give it back to the car and ask them to open it. Would have given him an excuse to hang on for a bit :biggrin:

Top Bottom