Energy/recovery drinks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I prefer SIS to any other.

I recently had a freebee selection of High 5 stuff, but haven't tried any of it yet.

But as always try a sachet of whatever first to see how it "helps" you.

OP
OP
norfolkgrog

norfolkgrog

Thanks for all the input, g&t/beer tried that, but it effected my sense of direction.
Going to try some stuff from the larder/fridge mix job first.
1/4 bottle of orange juice, 2 spoons of honey, a pinch of salt and top up with water
OJ or AJ diluted 50% with water.
Elderflower cordial diluted 4x more than recommended.
only samples I could find on the net was high 5. http://www.highfive.co.uk/ for £2.00 I'll have a word with my LBS for other brands

Bassman

I've tried the SIS recovery powder and found it a great help. I no longer have any aches/pains/stiffness in my legs the day after a long or hard ride.

However, I take the point from an earlier poster that perhaps all you need is a milk based drink to get a similar amount of protein? although milk isn't a good choice for me personally so I use the SIS REGO powder mixed with water which funnily enough tastes like a milk shake!

Recently ( as in earlyish 2008) I read an article in a science magazine...

Basically it suggested that the best energy and recovery drink is semi skimmed milk.

Total skimmed has insufficent fat whislt full fat has too much fat for serious exercising.

Adrian

jimboalee

The last time I competed, I carried two bottles of fresh water.

The night before the race, Mom did a big steak and kidney pie, mash and peas; with trifle to follow.
The morning before the race, I had two weetabix, some toast and marmalade; and the remains of the trifle.

It was a fantastic day. I didn't win. The winner's Mom knew how to make Bolognaise sauce.

Top Bottom