England Ireland half time

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Well its half time and what a shables. Looking at the Wales v France game, this match is in the shadows. England so far are pathetic. Is it time Johnson should go?

Nicensleazy said:
Well its half time and what a shables. Looking at the Wales v France game, this match is in the shadows. England so far are pathetic. Is it time Johnson should go?

It's so bad that I'm managing to cook a roast dinner, post on here and not miss anything of substance.

Nicensleazy said:
Is it time Johnson should go?

He shouldn't have come in the first place! :biggrin::biggrin:

Any coach who advocates that winning by playing ugly rugby is acceptable, or even to be praised, shouldn't be in the job. :evil:

He got the points against Italy, but I bet he wasn't happy!

Get someone in (sorry, no suggestions) who can coach and encourage creative, flowing rugby, a la the French.

Yes - well done Scotland. Great twist on the anthem too...must have been an uplifting sound in the Stadium.

ChrisKH

Guru
gavintc said:
Hahahaha - a great day. Scotland win, England lose and Ireland win.

The irony of that statement is that had England kept their composure as they had for the first half, they would have won. No disrespect to Ireland, but they won because of the way England played, not because of their great rugby or game plan. They should have put England to bed several times during that game but failed to finish it even when England were down to 14 men. Both teams won and lost ugly. But as O'Driscoll said at the end of the match "I'll take a one point win over England every day" which is indicative of what drives Irish and Scotsmen. Which is a bit sad really.

DJ

Formerly known as djtheglove
I think Armitage should have been yellow carded for taking out O'Driscoll when he was charging down the wing, shockingly ugly game to watch.
The Forwards have always been England's strong point, but they are looking awfull at the moment.
I hope O'Driscoll is in the Lion's team this summer, he is great.

yello

alecstilleyedye said:
gutted yesterday, and it looks like the irish are going to take the title now, what with england's languid, indisciplined display.

And they don't sodding deserve it! Wales have been consistently the best side but got beaten by an inspired French team. Cracking game, match of the tournament.

ChrisKH said:
But as O'Driscoll said at the end of the match "I'll take a one point win over England every day" which is indicative of what drives Irish and Scotsmen. Which is a bit sad really.

In fairness to O'Driscoll (and it hurts, I reckon he's a smug git) I don't think he meant it like that. I think he meant it as a compliment, i.e. something like 'England are tough to beat'.

I'm rapidly loosing faith in England. They've shown a 10 ten fold increase in desire and passion, which is not to be knocked, but there is absolutely no imagination or creativity in their play.... STILL! The backs are flat and static in receipt of the pass. They play high energy club rugby.

I had some sympathy with Johnson's comments about England's disciplinary record. I reckon they have been on the receiving end of some poor decisions BUT Danny Care.... what a total plank! A completely stupid, pointless action with a predictable outcome. How long had he been on the field? What chance him ever appearing in an England shirt again!?

The score flattered England but Ireland were poor. Wales will do them.

yello

djtheglove said:
I think Armitage should have been yellow carded for taking out O'Driscoll

I don't agree. It looked ugly but I don't think Armitage intended it. Short of instantly dematerialise, Star Trek style, I don't know what he could have done to get out of the way.

Top Bottom