Envatech Shadow bike alarm

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Just received one of these alarms.
Box contents:
View attachment 2573
Instructions are quite clear it is supposed to fit in 17-19mm straight/riser bars. I bought it for my butterfly bars as there is a straight section long enough and 17.2mm internal diameter, but couldn't get it in.

So it was fitted to my sons Carrera Gryphon with 18.2mm internal diameter bars but was still a very tight fit. I had to lean it against the garage door frame and push on the opposite end of the bars to get the last inch in. This does make me wonder how difficult it will be to remove forbattery replacement in the future. Bike is fitted with ergon grips/bar ends without plugs so did not require a hole drilling in the opposite side plug as per the instructions.
Alarm fitted:
View attachment 2574

Seems to work OK, nice simple operation and nigh on impossible to tamper with. The balance of an accidental knock on a bike stand vs. a deliberate attempt at theft is balance about right, video of it in use here.

I would regard it more of a backup to a decent lock, something that would attract attention to the light fingered as they try and remove your lock to make off with your pride and joy.

Comes with a natty keyring too!
View attachment 2575

Makers website (I bought mine via Ebay)

Top Bottom