Epic cycle home...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Eoin Rua

Been having trouble with my back the past few months to the point where I've had to cut out all activity (except the cross-trainer :angry: ) but yesterday I was given the all clear to resume cycling - makes such a difference seeing as I went from training 7 days a week for rowing to basically nothing over the last 9 weeks.

Heck of a day to get back on the bike, certainly was a windy one - WindFinder telling me gusts of up to 40 - and while there was a few sketchy moments there was such a sense of freedom zooming home at rush hour and not sitting in traffic on the bus or in a car. :biggrin:

Oh, and cyclists of Calder Rd (in Edinburgh) when I offer you the opportunity to sit in behind me, point and repeatedly look behind me, try not to look at me as if I've just insulted your mother!

Canardly

Veteran
So don't go mad easy does it.

They winds were weird in Edinburgh today; one moment I was pedalling hard againt the wind down Bruntsfield Place, tthen suddenly it was a tail wind; subsequently it was a Vortex (leaves swirling all around me) then it was a side wind and when I got to the bottom there was no wind; all in the space of 1/2 a mile.

ttcycle

Cycling Excusiast
Good to hear it, always feels good to be back in the saddle! Take it easy and enjoy!

Top Bottom