ETap ASX Wireless Blips

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Thoughts on these please…

https://www.sram.com/en/sram/models/ec-blip-b1

Available next month depending on who you believe.

A couple of months ago I bought myself a new bike with SRAM Red AXS. The bike it replaces had a wired Di2 setup, but that had ”sprint shifters” fitted as standard. What I thought was a cool gimmick when I bought it turned out to be something I used a lot, so I miss them with the SRAM setup.

Pros are they exist and they’re truly wireless, so it would just be a bit of optional bar taping if I wanted to cover the clips. Cons are the units look ****ing massive compared to my old Di2 jobs (which sat neatly under the tape with just the little button poking out) and the batteries can’t be replaced. SRAM claim between a 4 and 10 year battery life depending on use, but it just feels a bit wrong.

No I’m not interested that you still use cables and down tube shifters.

Last edited:
GP Lama seems to rate them. They do look big to go under the tape but he reckons it works.
I'm toying with the idea of getting them and a mech to go semi wireless on my tt bike.

OP
OP
Bollo

Bollo

Failed Tech Bro
Always going to be a niche thread ;)

I've decided against for now at least. One or both of a takeback scheme or smaller case would tip me over the edge. My light remote control is similar dimensions and I have it in a position at the base of the brake hoods, which is likely where I'd place the blips. It's ok for deciding whether or not to melt an oncoming motorist's eyeballs, but its bulk just means that the button is a bit of a stretch for my thumbs. Translating this to possibly a couple of actuations a minute for gear shifts doesn't appeal.

Continue the experiments SRAM.

Top Bottom