etape caledonia training

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Herbie

Veteran
I'm training for the coming up iin three weeks Etape Caledonia.Today i managed quite comfortably to cycle 52 miles.
My question is this...should i be doing another similar length ride or rides before the event or should i be tapering like marathon runners do? I commute 3 or 4 times a week to work which is a 40 mile round trip.Is this enough to keep me ticking over til the event?

zizou

Veteran
Your commute will be enough to keep you ticking over if you can already manage 50 odd miles comfortable. However i'd still advise trying to do at least one more long ride - every little helps plus it will also help you find out how much you need to eat while doing the longer ride. - with your commute each leg being 20 miles then you dont really need to worry about food and drink so much but when on the bike for 3 hours + then it starts to become important.

I'm doing the Etape too and intend to try and fit in another 3 long rides over the next couple of weeks then in the week running up to it just do a couple of gentle short rides to keep my legs moving.

Top Bottom