Euro Hinge Blum Inset

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Time to fit my Euro style Blum soft close hinges onto MDF shaker style cupboard doors 18mm thick.
The instructions from Blum are inpenetrable and include all the data from hinges I don't have.
Anyone fitted these? All of the Youtube videos seem to use a purchased jig rather than show you the measurements.

OP
OP
M

MichaelW2

Guru
So I decided to ignore the instructions and wing it. The advised mockup door was helpful.
The gap between door and surround (F in the instructions) is determined by gap (TB in instructions) between edge of 35mm drill circle, and edge of door. I started with 5mm gap tried 7 then settled on 2.5mm TB gap which resulted in 1.5mm gap, the smallest without interference from the funny hinge opening with my material thickness.

newts

Veteran
If the doors sit on the front face of the cupboard, the door width is usually ~5mm narrower than the cupboard. This is to give clearance on both edges for clearance against adjacent doors. The centre of the 35mm hole would be 20-21mm from the edge of the door ~2.5mm at the edge. There's normally plenty of adjustment in the hinges if you work to these dimensions.

Top Bottom