Europe Trip

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

scottstevens

Hi,

I know this is very short notice but we are looking for somewhere to stay whilst we travel through Europe over the next month.

We have our own tent and will keep everything clean and tidy. I will place a list of the places we still need places to stay below.

We will also be selling all of our bikes in Pisa/Rome so if you are interested in some very cheap bikes that could be used as spares, let me know.

If you are able to help us, that will be amazing!

Thank you so much,

Scott and friends

DATES:

Tuesday 27th:
Calais, France

Wednesday 28th:
Lille, France

Thursday 29th:
Maubege, France

Friday 30th:
Charleville Meziers, France

Saturday 31st:
Florenville, Belgium

Sunday 1st:
Luxembourg City

Monday 2nd:
Nancy, France

Wednesday 4th:
Basel, Switzerland

Thursday 5th:
Lucerne, Switzerland

Sunday 8th:
Bellinzona, Italy

Thursday 12th:
Piacenza, Italy

Friday 13th:
Lunigiana, Italy

Saturday 14th:
Lerici, Italy

Campsites???

If you are camping along your route, just play it by ear, whilst it nice to have places planned in advanced to stay, sods law has a habit of kicking in and you find yourself delayed for one reason or the other or indeed you can find that you have reached your planned nights stop at midday. Much better to just ride the route, see where you end up evening time. then look for a commercial camp-site or find a quite spot to wild camp, or ask the first person you meet if they know of somewhere you can camp. I know that sounds frightening, but its worked for me many times and I have ended up in peoples gardens, been offered a bed for the night slept in Village halls even slept in Bus shelters when all else has failed.

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
If you want cheap, clean hotels through France. Look for F1 or Premier hotels.

If you get to Pisa and it is packed round the Tower. Just to the right of the tower is something called Museo Opera, or something similar. It has nothing to do with opera. Take your lunch inside and sit on the balcony or in the small garden. It is often totally empty and is such a peaceful place to look at the tower.

It's a secret gem.

Steve

Top Bottom