European insurance cover for bike worth over £2,000?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

jorgemartin

I'm going to France and Germany next week and need insurance that would cover theft of bike worth £2,230. Any suggestions?

Cheers

sheddy

Legendary Member
1st port of call could be to ask your household contents insurer if you can add it on as an extra item and what the additional premium will be?

OP
OP
jorgemartin

jorgemartin

I tried the household contents insurer (the Cooperative Bank's) already but they only insure bicycles worth up to £1,000.

Bodhbh

Guru
£1000 pounds is just the maximum you can insure without adding an item for specific cover?

I insured my bikes and camping gear with the Co-op on the household. I covered 1 bike for about £1500 and also specified all the camping gear for a similar amout. I think it added about 100 quid to the household insurance, in the UK and upto 60 days anywhere.

I'm no expert on this stuff although, and did not do much shopping around - sure there are better deals.

geocycle

Legendary Member
Environmental Transport Association will insure expensive bikes and will cover overseas for a period of time (3 months I think). They are quite competitve amongst bike specific insurers and don't have silly clauses.

Top Bottom