EuroVelo 6 - some noob questions

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
If it's a Saturday, Sunday or Holiday then you're ok.
Any other day I wouldn't like to count on it ^_^

Bike are allowed on RERs:
All day Saturdays, Sundays and public holidays
Weekdays before 6.30am
Weekdays between 9am and 4.30pm
Weekdays after 7pm.
You need to use the carriages with the bike stickers on them.

Source:https://www.freewheelingfrance.com/where-to-go/bicycles-paris-metro-and-rer-maps.html

Edited to add:
If the bikes are boxed I'd imagine that it would be difficult to prove their bikes! On an airport train there will be a lot of baggage

Last edited:
OP
OP
dimrub

dimrub

If it's a Saturday, Sunday or Holiday then you're ok.
Any other day I wouldn't like to count on it ^_^

Bike are allowed on RERs:

Source:https://www.freewheelingfrance.com/where-to-go/bicycles-paris-metro-and-rer-maps.html

Edited to add:
If the bikes are boxed I'd imagine that it would be difficult to prove their bikes! On an airport train there will be a lot of baggage

Yeah, I've seen the rules. Alas, we're landing on Friday. Taking the bikes unpacked is an interesting idea, not sure how though. I have a couple of bike bags, perhaps we can take them with us and use them as a last resort if forbidden entry.

Yeah, I've seen the rules. Alas, we're landing on Friday. Taking the bikes unpacked is an interesting idea, not sure how though. I have a couple of bike bags, perhaps we can take them with us and use them as a last resort if forbidden entry.

On a Friday evening I'd imagine it's about as peak can be. You don't say when.....

On the flip side......
Paris is a wonderful city! Take a night and walk the Seine, have a café au lait, a vin rouge, smokeca Gauloise, see a show.......
There's a very friendly hostel near Notre Dame that had no problem taking my bike years ago and a predawn walk around Paris was a highlight!

Personally, I'd find it quite stressful to be arriving in a foreign country at 4 and catching a train in the city only 3.5 hours later. One delay and everything could fall apart.

OP
OP
dimrub

dimrub

Yep, I've been to Paris quite a few times - but that was a long time ago, I heard it underwent a real transformation as of late, becoming a real cycling city. Will definitely want to visit it, just not this time :smile:. Sure, we'll have a backup option in case we don't make the train, but I do hope we manage it (we'd have to get to the city somehow anyway, even if we were staying for the nigth).

OP
OP
dimrub

dimrub

Ok, it appears there are no TGV trains that allow bikes on the day and time of our arrival, so we're going to stay in Paris the night after all, and take the first train next morning. Means we can only start biking the next day around noon - oh well, Paris it is then :smile:. Not the worst place in the world to be stuck in for a night.

OP
OP
dimrub

dimrub

This is done now. Not everything went to plan, but it was an amazing trip nevertheless, and I'll try to describe it in a long-ish post, later. Thanks to everyone who contributed to this thread.

Top Bottom