Euston Safe storage?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

ruskibeats

Hi all,

I travel into London at a time when bikes are not allowed on the trains ... does anyone know where I might find somewhere near Euston station in London where I can safely leave my bike overnight - over weekend - etc.

garrilla

in the Cycle racks at the station?

They look pretty secure, and there is much CCTV on the concourse... I was there on tuesday and while waiting for my training I counted 46 cameras.

I don't know what happenes over night but I guess not everyone takes their bike out. And I did notice a guy/commuter come into the station concourse on a Marin, then I saw him waiting to board a train. I did wonder if he left his bike over night and only commuted into london, but that was just idle guessing.

OP
OP
R

ruskibeats

garrilla said:
in the Cycle racks at the station?

They look pretty secure, and there is much CCTV on the concourse... I was there on tuesday and while waiting for my training I counted 46 cameras.

I don't know what happenes over night but I guess not everyone takes their bike out. And I did notice a guy/commuter come into the station concourse on a Marin, then I saw him waiting to board a train. I did wonder if he left his bike over night and only commuted into london, but that was just idle guessing.

Yep Ive noticed them, I too cant believe all the bikes go home with the owners, some further investigation is needed me thinks.

Thanks

Ivan Ardon

The overnighters at Euston are in the main old clunkers. I'd not want to leave anything nice there.

Llama

Veteran
some insurance will not cover if you leave at a station for over 12/24 hours - you need to get yourself a pub bike

Greenbank

Über Member
Bongman said:
Sounds like there is a market for secure bike storage in London :sad:

There may be a market for it, but I doubt it's financially viable. Real estate is just too expensive in London and you'd need too many locations for it to get enough of a following/usage.

If I didn't have secure bike parking at work I'd buy a cheap hackbike from eBay for a fiver and use it for commuting. I wouldn't pay anything to lock it up, I'd just lock it somewhere vaguely secure near work and hope for the best (buying a replacement would only be another 5 quid).

Top Bottom