Evans Cycles website

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

livpoksoc

Guru
Just been browsing there as I got through a £10 voucher for taking part in the RL.

Does anyone else find it tricky to navigate? Search wasn't returning results for partial input (i.e. a search for 'ISM' returned 0 results, yet they have a whole selection of ISM saddles).

Finally got to the purchase part and input the voucher code to be told 'cannot be used'. No indication why and the T&Cs of the voucher are non-existant.

Kajjal

Guru
After the redesign the evans website has gone from very easy to use to being slower and hard work to use. I tend to avoid it now.

JohnnyRoyal

I have just brought a new pair of shoes, two different transactions. I found the site very good and great prices as well, especially with a discount voucher.

Andrew_P

In between here and there
It is awful, slow and inaccurate. I was in their warehouse store on Sunday and the in store web site was so slow I just went up to the counter and asked, and then they struggled as well. Luckily the helmet for my daughter was on display in another colour so they could get the code off of that, remarkable. The old website was dated but at least it worked.

I hadn't realised Evans had been taken over by a investment fund as well.

vickster

Legendary Member
Their price match is OK, simple enough to complete, it took nearly 24 hours but came through but no quibbles matching a near £10 difference to J E James.
Yes and with clothes, the ability to collect in store, try on there and then and return immediately if no good. Much less faffy than Wiggle, CRC (and especially those that charge for returns)
Same can go for parts, get them delivered, get them fitted (sometimes they have promotions when they do for free)

Kajjal

Guru
It is awful, slow and inaccurate. I was in their warehouse store on Sunday and the in store web site was so slow I just went up to the counter and asked, and then they struggled as well. Luckily the helmet for my daughter was on display in another colour so they could get the code off of that, remarkable. The old website was dated but at least it worked.

I hadn't realised Evans had been taken over by a investment fund as well.

Being taken over by an investment fund normally means loading the business up with debt, extracting the funds this generates and running with the bare minimum of staff etc. while extracting as much money as possible until things go too far.

Top Bottom