England : Surrey evans dorking 2nd december

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Alberto

Done this route a few times on our own - very nice indeed. The hills will keep you interested, but nothing too bad. Good luck!

rb58

Enigma
Did it a few years ago and remember it as a nice route. I can't see the route on the website - does it still go up Leith Hill?

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

rubbish uphill, downhill 'balast' make me fast
routes not been released yet.

im slowly getting into hills so looking forward to the odd climb

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I did it earlier this year and had booked a cpl of months in advance to give myself something to aim for. The day rolled around and it was lashing it down with rain all morning. I rode to Dorking, signed in, rolled away with the first group, got a p*ncture after 10 mins, took a wrong turn, got lost, found myself on the A24 up by Boxhill when should have been heading south, took an improvised short cut to meet up with the route again, slogged along some lanes that were like rivers and inevitibly the rain stopped and the sun came out as soon as I got back to the HQ :rolleyes: The route was ok though and would have been even better if I hadn't been such a numpty by missing the turn and if it had been nice weather!

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

lol, im ready for that, mudguards fitted! although not punctured yet im sure it'll happen tomorrow now.

I've ridden in mild showers but a downpour will be a first, especially as it'll be my longest ride to date.

i have a garmin so with a bit of luck i wont get lost.

Sittingduck

Legendary Member
I had a Garmin, too but for some reason elected not to bother checking I was 'on course', rather I just followed the arrow markers. What didn't register was that when I started to follow white arrows on a red background, I was following the wrong ones! Evans ones were black on green, I think and it all went a bit Pete Tong, somewhere around Betchworth :wacko:

I'll have a hunt for the GPS and see if I can link the ride...

Longshot

I think I might sign up but probably for the 'Short' version

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

Nice one, finally got an email from the race organiser.

I hurt my knee two weeks ago so today I will have a ride to test. Just praying she's ok so I can freeze my nuts off tomorrow.

OP
OP
jifdave

jifdave

only managed the 50 started late and missed the cut off time, plus rode like a donkey

Top Bottom