Even the pavements aren't safe from motons...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BenM

Veteran
...and I make no apology at all for using that distasteful(for some) epithet
Linkie

I hope they find the offender and re-educate her about her driving, preferably by removing her driving license and her car.

B.

dondare

Über Member
In fact there are thousands of injuries and dozens of deaths anually resulting from road accidents taking place on the pavement.

dondare

Über Member
BentMikey said:
Please don't call them 'kin accidents. They are collisions, rarely if ever accidents.
Collisions sounds worse. How often do you read "A cyclist was in collision with a lorry. The driver was uninjured" or some such?

BentMikey said:
Please don't call them 'kin accidents. They are collisions, rarely if ever accidents.

We're not supposed to call them RTAs in A+E any more, they're road traffic collisions/incidents now. (In fact we're not supposed to call it A+E any more, it's the ED)

Some things can genuinely be an accident and there is no blame to be attributed but this is rarely the case. Was there talk of a liability law which made the driver of the larger vehicle responsible for the accident until proven otherwise. I can see that going down like a lead balloon with motorists.

zoxed

Über Member
OT: ICU

automatic_jon said:
We're not supposed to call them RTAs in A+E any more, they're road traffic collisions/incidents now. (In fact we're not supposed to call it A+E any more, it's the ED)

Reminds me of the line from Bodies (2004) from Rob (the Manc .cynic): "ITU - they used to call it ICU until they realized nobody did".

Top Bottom