Evenepoel and the mystery of the back pocket

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

mjr

Comfy armchair to one person & a plank to the next
First aiders are told to remove everything from pockets before moving the injured person. Lapdog is stirring shoot now so people don't have as much time to ask ASO awkward questions at the Tour.

BurningLegs

Veteran
Agreed. If there is something unsavoury going on with the riders “nutrition” or “supplements” do we really think that in this day and age they’d be doing it on the road during a race?

I just can’t bring myself to believe it’s anything other than a couple of caffeine gels tbh

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
Agreed. If there is something unsavoury going on with the riders “nutrition” or “supplements” do we really think that in this day and age they’d be doing it on the road during a race?

I just can’t bring myself to believe it’s anything other than a couple of caffeine gels tbh
Looks like a pills container on the video clip, the DS removes it &slips it in his pocket, speculation that it was an illegal data communication device, that reports directly into the DS's car

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
I'm surprised that there is a rule about data communications. I've seen races where there are live stats for the riders onscreen - power, cadence etc.
The allegation is it’s not an official one, it’s to give extra info into the team car for, i’m guessing management of the riders

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
The allegation is it’s not an official one, it’s to give extra info into the team car for, i’m guessing management of the riders
Yes, and I was wondering why that would be a problem!

The UCI tried to ban radios but AFAIK they backed down. If radios are allowed again so team managers can watch the TV coverage and relay instructions to riders, why bother with them monitoring power etc.? Riders can already see their own power data.

OP
OP
D

DRM

Guru
Yes, and I was wondering why that would be a problem!

The UCI tried to ban radios but AFAIK they backed down. If radios are allowed again so team managers can watch the TV coverage and relay instructions to riders, why bother with them monitoring power etc.? Riders can already see their own power data.
I know what you mean, it’s quite bizzare

Top Bottom