Excellent cycle path

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

benb

Evidence based cyclist
Stunning planning here. Not sure of the location.
726eb61c-e470-420c-bee6-e74435418f71.jpg

snorri

Legendary Member
Looks a bit foreign, well that just couldn't happen in this country.:smile:

Jezston

Über Member
Romania according to the comments.

However, this isn't bad planning, and that isn't a tree. Its actually one of the feet of a giant space crab currently attacking Bucharest. It'll move on in a mo, but you might need to make a reprt to fillthathole.

summerdays

Cycling in the sun
I like the way the path hasn't deviated at all "... tree .. what tree? ... I didn't notice the tree there when I was tarmac'ing it?"

Unfortunately it makes me think of an example in this country... (two separate reports of the same thing):
http://bristolcars.blogspot.com/2011/02/brand-new-urban-village.html
and then after they have done some remedial work...
http://cyclingfront.blogspot.com/2011/03/no-we-think-dutch-would-still-laugh.html
yeah that really made a difference.

I occasionally have to pass this spot and Mr Summerdays does daily. I just don't know how the work man looking at it doesn't say to his boss.... "I've got a wee problem here...!"

delport

Chances of accidents are fairly high cycling down that path at night time.

I wonder if Romania has things like we have where some stuff built in the last 50 years has to remain as it once was.

May'be it is a listed tree?

deptfordmarmoset

Full time tea drinker
I was just thinking that ''Excellent cycle path'' was something I've never seen on a cycling forum.

Isn't this the time for jokes about trunk roads....?:rolleyes:

Mad Doug Biker

Just a damaged guy.
Looks a bit foreign, :smile:

What, it's Irish??

Pisquee

Regular
This makes me smile on my commute. The lane isn't fenced off any more, thank God! But the cycle lane marking don't indicate to go around the phone box any more, they just go straight on, as if you are to ride through the phone box. The glass in the phone box sides is dirty, so you can't see if there's a bike approaching from the other side.

Top Bottom