exhaust filter masks

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
Mr Phoebus said:
Ride more gently, breathe in less.

Or ride faster and hold your breath the whole way

*****disclaimer - This poster is not responsible for the consequences, if anybody actually trys this *****

Mr Phoebus

redjedi said:
Or ride faster and hold your breath the whole way

*****disclaimer - This poster is not responsible for the consequences, if anybody actually trys this *****
:ohmy:

jimboalee

I've looked on the web but can't find a picture, but I'm sure I've seen the Respro on sale at Santa Pod for the kids to wear. They're A1 kit.

neslon

Nick G said:
Thanks everyone, that's pretty overwhelmingly against.
I'll just have to spend the money on something to bling my fixie with instead ;-)

Save even more money by moving out of the Great Wen.

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
The bottom line is that motorists trapped in their vehicles are exposed to much more airborne pollution than cyclists.

I'm not sure you can say that. Evidence seems to be that particulate exposure may well be about the same or possibly less for private motorists - some studies say higher, some lower. Exposure to noxious gases is higher in cars, it seems, but then respiratory effort is 2 -3 times higher in cyclists, so actual nasties taken deep into the lungs is probably about the same.

they don't trap the most dangerous ones which are too small.

They don't filter out a lot of the smaller, dodgy particles

They will catch most particulate matter down to m10. 10µm

Depends on the mask, surely?

I think the argument that they're sweaty as anything, stifling and that cycling's healthier anyway is a lot more convincing!

HF2300

Insanity Prawn Boy
You need to also take into account length of exposure time, seeing as bikes aren't stuck in traffic and cars are.

Yeh, true enough, though even that depends on the style of cycling!

The man who wrote "A JOURNEY TO THE WESTERN ISLANDS OF SCOTLAND " didn't get around much? A timeline: http://tinyurl.com/6ecesp

Top Bottom