F Moser clean and tidy

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

woodbutcher

Veteran
I have begun taking apart, cleaning and examining the blue Moser which incidentally l now see is that 1980's trendy pearl rather than flat finish. My question is really about the freewheel which is a 6 speed Regina CX. It appears to be in very good condition but l have read all sorts of stuff about questioning the build quality of the interior mechanism. Does anyone know more on this topic or am l just looking for problems that don't exist ?:cuppa:

Sharky

Guru
Regina was a popular brand. I had several without problem.

Sharky

Guru
Very true just how do you ride with a 15-11 rear cog ?

I used to ride with a 14-18 5 speed block (in the summer) and standard chain rings. But one winter I did have an 18-22 block made up - seemed such a low gear, could climb anything!
The good riders in our club used to ride with 13-17. I don't think you could get blocks with smaller than a 13.

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
Moser certainly had a time trial bike. In fact, he was probably one of the progenitors of the "funny bike".

rogerzilla

Legendary Member
14-24 was pretty standard for a 10 speed racer (when 10 speed meant 2 at the front and 5 at the back!) because 14T is the smallest you can fit onto most freewheel bodies; some upmarket ones managed a 13T. If you bought a "proper" bike you usually got 52/42 up front and 13-21 at the back, because if you were going to buy a real racer, you needed to be able to get up anything on 42 x 21. You tell the young people of today that, and they don't believe you :laugh:

Top Bottom