Falcon bicycle

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Tony Raynor

Need for steeds
Just picked this up today. Not really sure if its any good, but it does look aesthetically pleasing and didn't cost very much. Didn't really appreciate how big it was though. Just going to give it a clean, get everything working and some new tubes and tyres and see how it rides.

Cant find anything that matches on the net so guessing its an 80s or later bicycle.

Appreciate any comments for this newbie :-)

Attachments

• Falcon 1.JPG
    Falcon 1.JPG
    50.5 KB · Views: 316
  • Falcon 2.JPG
    Falcon 2.JPG
    49.7 KB · Views: 234
  • Falcon 3.JPG
    Falcon 3.JPG
    49.3 KB · Views: 189

biggs682

Touch it up and ride it
@Tony Raynor best way of dating is to look at date stamps on the hubs and rear of the brake caliper castings. looks nice enough should clean up nicely .

and welcome aboard

That looks like a nice old Falcon retro racer from the late 70/80s.Yep a big 25ins frame and by the look of things not much used or abused condition either.Give it a quick clean/oil up/check and you are ready to go and hit the road welcome aboard Tony.

daysnways

I have a Falcon very similar frame wise to this, I've been led to believe that mine is 1987, mine's darker blue and the decals were never added, so I have those separate, but my head badge is different.

But the back end and the almost bird like head lugs that wrap around the headtube look identical.

http://instagram.com/daysnways

Batgirl

In Disguise!
no it seems to have stopped in the 80's
ahh mine is likely a late 80's model.. just wondered if it was worth looking. :smile:

Drago

Legendary Member
Late 70s is my guess, going by the alloy dork disc. Looks smart. Falcon and Elswick Hopper were one and the same by then, and little indicators, such as the bolt on much hanger, Mark the early signs of The brands decline. Still a nice bike though.

daysnways

about to check my hubs, but from what i could gather the frame was hanging in the backroom of a tyre fitting business, that did a few bikes on the side and the guy who i brought it from was offered the frame and it was built with anything they had in stock, so mine could be a mix, but 87 is pretty accurate as the decals are in an envelope with a 1987 stamp date mark, but looking at the frame it kind of struck me as earlier. It's amazing how the art of steel frame building became so refined so quickly when you look at my 1995 Olagnero compared to it.

The one decal, the scorpio is blue, so how would that go on a blue framed bike? The mid blue is definitely original.

Top Bottom