Falling Over

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
I always wonder about riders who are out with two bikes ... I saw a man leaving Hebden Bridge pushing two a few days ago and wondered whether he was pinching one or both of them!
or taking one in for a service? Some bits (like today) I can't do on my bike (today is a water bottle boss that needs cutting off its bolt and then a new one welding on inside the frame becuase the old one has decided not to remain attached to the inside of the frame - letting the spech mechanic do that for me...) I could not for the life of me work out how to ride 2 bikes 15 miles each way.... I baled in the end and 'booked' the car for the day.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
or taking one in for a service?
The rider in the photo must have something wrong with his front wheel, forks or headset, which he wants his LBS mechanic to take a look at!

PaulB

Legendary Member
Anyone who can't cycle whilst knitting, like what I can do, is a blithering ninco. I try and finish a complete sleeve by the end of a ride. Anyone else? Oh come on, like I'm the only one who knits while riding! Own up and be honest you blithering nincos.

vernon

Harder than Ronnie Pickering
BSGNw1WIEAAx7PG.jpg

I'm wheelie impressed

Maz

Guru
Anyone who can't cycle whilst knitting, like what I can do, is a blithering ninco. I try and finish a complete sleeve by the end of a ride. Anyone else? Oh come on, like I'm the only one who knits while riding! Own up and be honest you blithering nincos.
You mean you get the stitch while riding.

fimm

Veteran
+1 to core strength and familiarity with bikes. My b/f can ride his town bike ("hybrid"), his (front-suss) MTB and his road bike no handed, but not his TT bike. He was speculating that this was due to the geometry of the TT bike, but I'm sure I've seen Bradley Wiggins riding his TT bike no-handed, so it can't be that.

Accy cyclist

Legendary Member
I use to be able to do it when I was younger, but now I can't

The same here,though i might be able to still do it but i daren't try!:huh:

steve52

I'm back! Yippeee
just incase,as noone has meioned it,you steer with your bottom ie move your hips to move the saddel.plus all the other advice ie sit up, a helthy cadence helps but isent esential. its possible to stand up no handed by gripping the saddel with your thighs. but i wouldent advise this

Kies

Bikes with thin tyres are easier to use no handed. Can do it on the road bike, but wasn't very good on the sirrius

Top Bottom