Fastest Brompton?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

TheDoctor

Europe Endless
Pffft. Anyone can ride a Brompton at 40mph on the flat - just pedal really quickly.
Having the power to do so might be another problem entirely.
Being daft for a second, getting a 61T chainring from Spa gets you a 120" top gear.
Spin that up to a cadence of 150rpm and you're looking at 60mph.
Possibly that would be useful descending Ventoux.

Jason

each to his own, but I tried the Brompton before opting for a Dahon. The fold wasn't as important to me, the stability and speed of the 20" wheels was better imo

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
My local bike shop has one of these in the window.

I eat my dinner off something smaller than the chainring, so I don't doubt it has the gearing for speed.

Mention on the website of titanium, although it's not clear how many titanium bits there are.

Given the model name is linked to Millar's clothing range, it all looks like marketing puff to me.

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
So presumably the two-speed Millar Brompton is as light as you will ever get a factory bike.

Except for a titanium bits single speed.

chriscross1966

Über Member
There are titanium replica frames for sale in the Far East.... not cheap, but people have built sub 7-kilo Brompton clones... and they are very pretty.... THe CHPT3 is what I might call a street-rod.... impractical day-to-day in this country, but look nice and on occasion can go quickly....

Pale Rider

Legendary Member
A visit to my local bike shop and Brompton dealer suggests the Millar Brompton has been a sales success.

The shop owner tells me he has sold the five he could get, and has ordered some more which are due in February.

Putting that in context, a new bike sale over £1,000 is rare around here, even more so for what is just a 'foldy bike'.

The shop owner is realistic, the Millar buyers were from out of the area and only went to him because he had the stock.

Even so, five £1,800 bikes at list price in a few weeks is good business.

The bike is also showing as 'out of stock' on the Brompton website, so it appears however many they made as a first batch have found buyers.

Top Bottom