1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Fastest Brompton?

Discussion in 'Folding Bikes' started by Cycleops, 9 Nov 2017.

1. Adrian

Adrian Heed the elf's wisdom

I guess so.
  2. Kell

Kell Senior Member

I think going quick with a standard set of Brompton handlebars might be an issue.

I do 40mph plus on mine daily as the hill go down to the station is pretty steep, but I'm using cut-down MTB bars which are wider than normal and still the bike gets a bit twitchy.

3. chriscross1966

chriscross1966 Well-Known Member

There are titanium replica frames for sale in the Far East.... not cheap, but people have built sub 7-kilo Brompton clones... and they are very pretty.... THe CHPT3 is what I might call a street-rod.... impractical day-to-day in this country, but look nice and on occasion can go quickly....
  4. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

A visit to my local bike shop and Brompton dealer suggests the Millar Brompton has been a sales success.

The shop owner tells me he has sold the five he could get, and has ordered some more which are due in February.

Putting that in context, a new bike sale over £1,000 is rare around here, even more so for what is just a 'foldy bike'.

The shop owner is realistic, the Millar buyers were from out of the area and only went to him because he had the stock.

Even so, five £1,800 bikes at list price in a few weeks is good business.

The bike is also showing as 'out of stock' on the Brompton website, so it appears however many they made as a first batch have found buyers.
  5. ryanme

ryanme Member

Light from factory, but easily made lighter!
    chriscross1966 likes this.