Fastest Brompton?

Discussion in 'Folding Bikes' started by Cycleops, 9 Nov 2017.

1. User1252

User1252 Guest

I guess so.

2. Kell

Kell Senior Member

I think going quick with a standard set of Brompton handlebars might be an issue.

I do 40mph plus on mine daily as the hill go down to the station is pretty steep, but I'm using cut-down MTB bars which are wider than normal and still the bike gets a bit twitchy.

https://www.youtube.com/edit?o=U&video_id=1wNkVZltMfw

3. chriscross1966

chriscross1966 Well-Known Member

There are titanium replica frames for sale in the Far East.... not cheap, but people have built sub 7-kilo Brompton clones... and they are very pretty.... THe CHPT3 is what I might call a street-rod.... impractical day-to-day in this country, but look nice and on occasion can go quickly....

4. Pale Rider

Pale Rider Guru

A visit to my local bike shop and Brompton dealer suggests the Millar Brompton has been a sales success.

The shop owner tells me he has sold the five he could get, and has ordered some more which are due in February.

Putting that in context, a new bike sale over £1,000 is rare around here, even more so for what is just a 'foldy bike'.

The shop owner is realistic, the Millar buyers were from out of the area and only went to him because he had the stock.

Even so, five £1,800 bikes at list price in a few weeks is good business.

The bike is also showing as 'out of stock' on the Brompton website, so it appears however many they made as a first batch have found buyers.

5. ryanme

ryanme Member

Light from factory, but easily made lighter!

chriscross1966 likes this.
  1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.
    Dismiss Notice