Fastest File Copier...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.
Hello...I need a fast file copier as I am transferring about 16GB of files from either a computer disk or another Micro SDHC Card 16GB to a 32GB Micro SDHC card and it's taking ages so far....

Have tried Teracopy,fastcopy and extreme copy but when I used one of them to spend hours transferring 8GB of files they didn't show up on the 32SDHC Micro....

TIA

Thanks In Anticipation.:thumbsup:

The bottle neck will be your USB connection, no magic bit of software will speed that up - is it connected as USB2?

The fastest way is to copy from objectA to PC and then from PC to objectB, never straight from objectA to objectB.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Ahhh thanks that sounds sensible....Got most of the files backed up on PC.

8gb of files is going to take sometime though...Just about to start.

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
It may not apply in your case but if you are just doing a backup, then zip up the files first. Apart from saving time by compressing them, it is also a lot quicker to write 1 big file than it is to write 1000s of small ones.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Nah im sticking about 20GB of files on an SD disk and I need them unzipped...Im using a program called super copier but it's taking ages...They are actually ROMS and whereas some are smal...some are up to 128mb in size...12000 of the small ones takes ages.

Thanks though.

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

So a happy ending after all...After resorting to my laptop....on the 32 Micro SDHC I bought off of ebay for £25 squids more than once I copied the files but they didn't show up...Including last night ...left the laptop on all night...same story....

Had already bought another 32GB Micro SDHC for £93 off of ebay...which had me crying into my tea at the price...As it turns out it's the one that works fine and it only took two or three hours to copy 17GB onto the disk.

Just shows...If you have a funny feeling about a (bargain) on ebay which is too good to be true...it generally is...although the rogue card shows up as 32GB...

I was surprised to receive it in the first place anyway...and the original seller had five of these...Seller has left ebay after 7 years of trading and a 100% record...Weird.Not that I was thinking of complaining anyway,

This listing (290457975748) has been removed, or this item is not available.
  • Please check that you've entered the correct item number
  • Listings that have ended 90 or more days ago will not be available for viewing.
Just found this..I knew about this anyway...It's for the original SD CARD transaction...All five purchases are the same although his other transactions are fine.

Always possible that his ebay account was hijacked but then why supply the goods.
The 32gb cards are class 2 so near enough the slowest cards you can find so better off
sticking with 16gb cards till the speeds increase and the prices come down.
Mind you £25 vs £80 as the next lowest surely smells bad

OP
OP
H

hackbike 666

Always possible that his ebay account was hijacked but then why supply the goods.
The 32gb cards are class 2 so near enough the slowest cards you can find so better off
sticking with 16gb cards till the speeds increase and the prices come down.
Mind you £25 vs £80 as the next lowest surely smells bad

Definitely...I begged for it...Happier with the expensive SD card purchase though...as it does the job anyway.

I should try that 32GB in my MUVI.

Top Bottom