Fatal accident in W. London involving green lorry

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bof

Senior member. Oi! Less of the senior please
Can anyone on here definitively supply the name of the lorry firm involved in this accident reported by the Hounslow Chronicle?

"A lorry driver has been arrested after a crash on the Great West Road this morning in which a man died.

Police are appealing for witnesses after being called to the A4 near to the Gillette corner junction with Syon Lane at 9.15am.

One of the passengers of a blue Citreon Saxo was pronounced dead at the scene and the other two occupants of the car were taken to hospital with minor injuries, after colliding with a green builders wagon. "

KingRolo

It was a Murphies lorry.

OP
OP
bof

bof

Only just spotted this question.

There is a firm in West London with a very poor safety record and their trucks are green. It's not Murphy's.

Am I reading this right and the suggestion is that this a THIRD case.

There was the cyclist, killed, then the Japanese businessman in a black taxi.

If this is another Thames Materials vehicle then they really do need closing down.

Edited - there is no mention of the company in the story, is this supposition?

slowmotion

Quite dreadful
Am I reading this right and the suggestion is that this a THIRD case.

There was the cyclist, killed, then the Japanese businessman in a black taxi.

If this is another Thames Materials vehicle then they really do need closing down.

Edited - there is no mention of the company in the story, is this supposition?

I was just replying to bof's question about the name of a company with a poor safety record and green lorries.

ohnovino

Large Member
Bit of a Twilight Zone thread, this one. It was started two months ago, and the first two replies are from people who've never posted again.

OP
OP
bof

bof

My supposition on reading the original story was that it was Thames, but it was not according to the reply I got and Murphys do have green trucks. (I asked the Hounslow Gazzette but got no answer from them).

Odd how both the the reply and that guy asking a follow up were single message posterswho looked like they joined just for the one message - thanks for spotting this.

Top Bottom