Fatbike!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

tizdaz

hi guys, well its my 1st post here so what better way than with a few photos :smile:

This is my Felt DD10 Fatbike (with a few hopups ive done to it), thought id try something different & absolutely love it, great fun :smile:
bike.jpg

DSC_0573.JPG

DSC_0574.JPG

DSC_0575.JPG

raleighnut

Legendary Member
:welcome:

Welcome. Here's a beer for you. :cheers:

I got out of the industry just as the fatbike fad started and I'm intrigued by it. I've been wondering if it would be the solution to the Scottish west coast sludge trails. What do you use it for and what are its strengths and weaknesses>

OP
OP
tizdaz

tizdaz

Hi :smile:

I use for pretty much everything (bike related!) this includes Trails (such as Coed Y Brenin / Llandegla / Dalby Forest ...mostly red/black runs) XC stuff & also normal riding, latest being Prestatyn to Bangor all along the coast (about 60-70 mile round trip).

Before this I had a Cube LTD SL 27.5, but i always wanted to try a fatbike, but going back a couple of years ago when i was interested there was not much choice & they were expensive for the specs, i also wanted one with front forks but was limited for choice. This year though has seen a number of decent fatbikes with good specs for the money, so in the end i bit the bullet & got the Felt DD10.

Strengths:
Fun! ...Point and go attitude due to the large footprint on tires. Much different feeling to riding a normal MTB due to the size of tires, Plenty more grip which is great for Trails.

Weakness:
Id say none personally but if i had to i would say slightly more heavy due to the size of tires. Mine weighs in at around 13kg whereas my cube was 10kg. But then if you wanted & money wasnt really an issue there are Full Carbon fatbikes (at a price!).

But for me, I love it.. Mines here to stay, Its great fun on. Dont get me wrong i liked my Cube & i was a little hesitant in selling it to fund my fatbike, but now its all done i dont regret it one bit & glad i did :smile:

NeilnrLincoln

Welcome.
I've recently bought a fatbike too after hankering after one for quite a while, I got a Voodoo wazoo. Brilliant fun off road, so much more grip than my regular mountain bike.

NickTB

Veteran
I saw one of these being ridden on the London to Brighton at the weekend. He was going at a pace, and the noise of the tyres was unreal!

Mrs M

Guru
:welcome:
Lovely bike :bicycle:
I have a Felt road bike and hired a "fattie" on my last holiday, magic fun :okay:

fixedfixer

Veteran
I have a Charge Cooker. Been great riding on the beach here on Aberdeenshire coast. I do rather cringe when I hear the sand grinding in the chain:blush:. But, great fun down hill on dunes :tongue:

Tilley

Über Member
I want to get down to Falmouth sometime and try the Ice Full Fat recumbent trike, it looks great fun but with an overall width of 900mm I think it is only really suited to wide open spaces like moors or dunes.

Hi and welcome.
Love the bike . I am a recent fat convert, beginning of this year and absolutely love it too. I had a full carbon Giant front sus hardtail. I sold it within two months from it having not been used.

Rich

Flyboy

Hi and welcome.
Love the bike . I am a recent fat convert, beginning of this year and absolutely love it too. I had a full carbon Giant front sus hardtail. I sold it within two months from it having not been used.

Rich
High Rich
I ride my fatty all the time , just did Lady Bower at the weekend , it was ace . The pic with the hill climb behind me was tough , but I did it .

Attachments

• C18262CE-8551-464A-A7BD-6B05F3290BEB.jpeg
    C18262CE-8551-464A-A7BD-6B05F3290BEB.jpeg
    158 KB · Views: 81
  • 5030CF39-A073-46B7-BC19-E511BBDBE40F.jpeg
    5030CF39-A073-46B7-BC19-E511BBDBE40F.jpeg
    166.5 KB · Views: 74
Top Bottom