Fatt man wet in london help!!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

2fatt2bike

Hello all
My first post
Have just started commuting to work about 10 miles and enjoying it so far and trying to make it a daily commute(at the moment doing 3 times a week)
But this am got completly soaked and almost got hit (but completly splashed) by a stupid car driver would be grateful if any top tips about cyling and being safe in wet conditions ie
clothing
tyres etc
Just to be safe

Any suggestions ?advice would be appreciated.

rowan 46

Über Member
http://www.amazon.co.uk/Cyclecraft-...=sr_1_2?s=books&ie=UTF8&qid=1314269092&sr=1-2 is a good book to help you learn the basics of cycling teaches you about taking safe positions for junctions, reading the road etc as for clothing there is several schools on that . First if you don't have mudguards get them fitted. If you have showers at work light clothes that dry quickly are the order of the day. If you don't have showers and changing facilities. waterproof overtrousers over light trousers a breathable jacket over a wicking lightweight shirt and cycle slower to keep the sweat down deodorant is also a good idea. panniers on a rack for spare clothes rather than rucksack as this will keep the sweat down on your back.

Alan Whicker

I can heartily recommend Rainlegs - combined with full mudguards. On my top I wear a light, breathable Lowe Alpine hiking jacket. You'll always get a bit 'moist' from perspiration whatever you wear - although some allegedly breathable cycling gear has a definite 'boil in the bag' effect and you'll get as wet as you would from rain!

martint235

Dog on a bike
If you have showers at work I'd say get a waterproof backpack (I use a Deuter Bike 1). As mentioned before, wear clothing that dries quickly, lycra is actually quite good for this. Don't worry overly about mudguards (although I do have a rear one on my road bike).

Other than that, take things easy. Not sure what kind of bike you have but road bikes can get more than a bit skittish in the wet particularly around drain covers etc.

Top Bottom