Faulty Fenix LD20?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

knonist

Just bought 2 brand new Fenix LD20 (updated version) off ebay, (serial: 0TX*****53 &0TX*****57).
From the serial numbers I guess they are from the same batch.
However, these torches throw some very different strength of beam when compared live to each other at the same setting and condition, I’m not sure if have a “faulty” touch, and I wonder if I can make a case to fenix for replacement.

I have attached some pictures with different shutter setting to illustrate the problem.
The shutter speed is: 1S, 1/10S, 1/50S and 1/100S.

ASC1951

Guru
knonist said:
Just bought 2 brand new Fenix LD20 (updated version) off ebay, ....and I wonder if I can make a case to fenix for replacement.
Presumably you bought them from a private seller on Ebay because that was a lot cheaper than getting them from Fenix, a UK company?

I think you are on your own. One of the problems with buying "brand new" things from an online auction site is that - sometimes they aren't new at all.

Take it up with the seller; or Ebay.

Norm

knonist said:
.. and I wonder if I can make a case to fenix for replacement.
You skimped and took a risk buying on ebay rather than using a proper retailer or going to Fenix themselves and you lost the bet.

If I were Fenix, I'd laugh at any claim you made direct. The law is on their side too, your "contract" is with the ebay seller, not with Fenix. You might get lucky (depending on their marketing / customer care philosophy) but you have no legal claim against Fenix.

OP
OP
K

knonist

Norm said:
You skimped and took a risk buying on ebay rather than using a proper retailer or going to Fenix themselves and you lost the bet.

If I were Fenix, I'd laugh at any claim you made direct. The law is on their side too, your "contract" is with the ebay seller, not with Fenix. You might get lucky (depending on their marketing / customer care philosophy) but you have no legal claim against Fenix.

Ebay doesnt mean doggy seller, the the item arrived new with box. The seller sold over 30 of the same item, and he might actually own a shop which sell touchs.

And the serial number search on fenix's web site shows it is a geniue fenix item.

Fenix item came with a 2 years warrenty, and a 7 days replacement policy. And I do not see why they do not replace it

OP
OP
K

knonist

MichaelM said:
In another post you said that a fenix lasts 5 hours on hi.

If they they are both on hi, how do they compare on turbo?

THe burn time on turbo is 2hrs
but honestly, it isnt much different to high, as 2* medium is already bright enough.

Norm

knonist said:
And I do not see why they do not replace it
Because there is no contract between you and Fenix.

If the shop isn't dodgy, they are the ones who will honour any returns.

andrew_s

Legendary Member
Top Bottom