Favourite triathlon

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Flying_Monkey

Recyclist
What is your favourite triathlon? Mine was the Yorkshire Dales Triathlon - sadly no longer run. It started with a 1000m swim in Semerwater, 42m cycle across 5 dales (including four or five 1:4 climbs) finishing with an 8 mile run up Pen-y-Ghent.

Now that sounds like my kind of event. I am a big fan of the Xterra style off-road triathlons too...

fimm

Veteran
Of the ones I've done, probably Lochore Meadows Sprint (in Fife) - easy lake swim (good first open-water experience), nicely challenging 1-lap bike, flat run. Always a good atmosphere.

I think I will add Ironman Austria for the once-in-a-lifetime experience... but I'm unlikely to ever do anything like that again. I will do Lochore again, all being well.

007fair

Of the ones I've done, probably Lochore Meadows Sprint (in Fife) - easy lake swim (good first open-water experience), nicely challenging 1-lap bike, flat run. Always a good atmosphere.

I think I will add Ironman Austria for the once-in-a-lifetime experience... but I'm unlikely to ever do anything like that again. I will do Lochore again, all being well.
Interesting :thumbsup: May look into that (Lochore NOT Austria) for my first open water Tri

fimm

Veteran
Interesting :thumbsup: May look into that (Lochore NOT Austria) for my first open water Tri
I think you might have to be quick if you are thinking about this year - apparently it is nearly full already!

Rockymountain, I wrote a race report on Austria for the triathlon forums here - you can probably start at the third paragraph if you don't want the context/preamble... it was indeed a very special experience with all the support you get. By "Finnish Ironman" I assume you mean a different race to Norseman?

007fair

I've entered the lochore sprint in June. :smile: will be my first OW swim .. eek!

Top Bottom