Feel the burn!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

redjedi

Über Member
I've just got into work and I'm exhausted.

In my bid to get fit again, well at least fit enough to do next weeks FNRttC and return trip, I've been trying to push myself on the commutes where possible.

Today I had 2 targets to aim for near the end of my commute. The first was a sight for sore eyes :tongue: She was going at a steady pace, but not fast enough, and as much as I wanted to stay behind and admire the view, I knew I had to push on.

The next target was a faster less attractive male. Going at a decent speed, which 6 weeks ago I would have happily matched. Especially as it's on the only incline on my commute. It's not a tough hill but long enough that you know it's there.
Decided to stand and power past at 20mph (normal speed on a good day when I was fitter was about 17mph). Struggled near the top but pride meant I mustn't show the pain I was in :blush:

Rolled into work, staggered off the bike and got a stitch while struggling to get enough oxygen into my lungs :tongue:

I haven't felt like that for 18 months :sad: but also feels surprisingly satisfying, once I had recovered :biggrin:

Should be a nice evening, so I'll be taking the long way home.....can't wait!

ianrauk

Tattooed Beat Messiah
nice one Luke.. you felt the force .... will be good to see you on the FNRttC.

Top Bottom