Feeling great!

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
took my usual run into work this morning did average speed of 16.98 mph over 7 miles and felt very pleased with that! decided to do a bit of a run out after work (wifes gone away for the weekend with the little man) and found out my 28 ring wont engage properly so only had 38 and 48 rings thought ah well what can go wrong!

the route i picked took me out from bristol, up dundry hill (ouch for me as never done any proper hills) then out to chew valley lake and back again via keynsham. just wanted a little 30 mile run out. was quite pleased with my new rear wheel and averaged 14.1 mph over almost 2 hours on my ridgeback.

totting it up ive done 38 miles, 1500 ft of climbing over 3-4 hours (i stopped on my dads boat and got a lift a few miles up river to the cycle track big mistake!) my legs are aching, my bike is a little dirty but i felt great and loved every minute of it!!!

now to fiddle with the limit screws and give her a good clean!

apollo179

Ive got a ridgeback. I average 17mph on my 12mile circuit. 14mph sounds reasonable over 30 miles. Good bike.:thumbsup:

Globalti

Legendary Member
Wow! A bike/boat trip - that's interesting! I've done it once on the canal, riding out to meet someone then cruising back on the narrow boat.

OP
OP
Kiwiavenger

Kiwiavenger

im a little tea pot
i might do it a bit more often, as the last 3-4 miles was along the cycle track i kept the speed down and the gear high to get the blood flowing. was good cause now my legs feel like doing the 25 miler again!!

Top Bottom