Fell off my bike last night

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

AllThatJazz!

Bad luck. Glad you're Ok.

I fell off my bike last week. Pot hole. On the top of a speed hump! Over the bars but fortunately no serious damage done other than road rash.. and some embarrassment as I "performed" this in front of all the neighbours on our road!

Since written to council to complain yet again about big holes in roads!

Bigtwin

Nastiest crash I had - came round a corner, and hit a Dr Pepper can right in the middle.

Folded round the wheel, went up to the fork bridge and stopped. As did the wheel, and the rest of the bike.

I didn't though. Over the bars right onto my face and head. Very glad I was wearing a helmet.

Glad you're OK.

Helly79

Sittingduck said:
Is that really you in your avatar Helly79? Surprised you dont get back wheelspin, with all that weight over the handlebars.

oh yes thats me:laugh: but i lost a lot of weight since that piccy due to eating lots of muesli and vegetables ROFL

asterix

Comrade Member
Yes I noticed that the OP missed out the customary 'my helmet is bust into fragments and surely saved my life' bit. A big thank you to Bigtwin for going some way to putting that right.

Anyway, good to hear everyone is ok.

gavintc

Guru
Bigtwin said:
Nastiest crash I had - came round a corner, and hit a Dr Pepper can right in the middle.

Folded round the wheel, went up to the fork bridge and stopped. As did the wheel, and the rest of the bike.

I didn't though. Over the bars right onto my face and head. Very glad I was wearing a helmet.

Glad you're OK.

Ouch, I feel for you.

AllThatJazz!

asterix said:
Yes I noticed that the OP missed out the customary 'my helmet is bust into fragments and surely saved my life' bit. A big thank you to Bigtwin for going some way to putting that right.

Anyway, good to hear everyone is ok.

I wear a helmet. I have no idea if it will really save my cranium in a "nasty" - but I do not really want to find out! I did not land on my head when I flipped on the afore-mentioned ruddy pot hole (ironically on the top of the speed hump .. actually it was a ruddy great crater! :sad:)

I landed on my arse .. road rash in butt/thigh .. ruddy painful!

scook94

Veteran
I fell off yesterday too. Went down a path I'd never been down before, just too see where it led. Ended in a dirt track which led to a set of steps, there was a worn path in the grass next to it so I thought I'd be able to get up it no bother. Didn't notice a hollow which I rode into and came to an abrupt stop. Didn't manage to get unclipped but managed to avoid the nettles on either side. Was embarrassing but no-one saw me!

Bigtwin

scook94 said:
Was embarrassing but no-one saw me!

Doesn't count. UWIs (unwitnessed incidents) are just practice for real stuff.

Clown fall outside bus station, riding off with lock on by amassed totty, that kinda stuff gets points.

scook94

Veteran
Bigtwin said:
Doesn't count. UWIs (unwitnessed incidents) are just practice for real stuff.

Clown fall outside bus station, riding off with lock on by amassed totty, that kinda stuff gets points.

Well I'm still practising at being a real cyclist, so if it ever happens I'll look forward to having a real fall! :smile:

Top Bottom