Female MTB bikes

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BikerXX

Hey cyclers,

All opinions and input welcome. Especially hoping to get some first hand experience from other women but most of my confusion is probably genetic to all.

I've got a budget of up to £1,000 for a hardtail. I'm moving on from a Carerra Hellcat 2020 which I mostly use for gravel, mud and road but I have a bike park nearby which I'd like to spend more time on now I'm more confident. Not loads of downhilling though so probably would be happy with a trail.

Perhaps prefer female specific geometry as I have an inner leg of 82cm at 5ft 7. My partner is 6ft 2 with same inner leg measurements but rides a 19/20 inch...could a "unisex" ever be comfy in the same way for a women?

I like the look of the Liv Tempt series and I've been having a look at the Trek Marlin series but might not be much of an upgrade so considering at least trying an X-Calibre 7 which is "unisex".

I think I need an instore visit shortly but I'm interested to hear experiences of the Liv bike range and also opinions on geometry as I'm finding choosing a bike a bit confusing and overwhelming tbh!

vickster

Legendary Member
I've sent you a PM :smile:

fossyant

Ride It Like You Stole It!
The issue can be reach as well - best checking a number of bikes out. My wife rides a womens hybrid and an XC Mens Full suspension. Whilst I could easily get away with leg length for riding her MTB by pulling the saddle up, it's way too 'short' in the reach.

Worth while looking at bikes first, where you can given the current pandemic issues.

Top Bottom