Ferdinand Magellan

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Arch

Married to Night Train
Personally, I'd say 'fur-dee-nand'..;)

No, I've heard both too, I think majellan if you want to sound posh...

Fnaar

Smutmaster General
Brit Eng = Magellan (g as in girl)
US Eng = g = j (g as in Geronimo)

Portuguese would be different altogether ;) (= Magalhaes = Magal-yaish, more or less)

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
ArDee said:
Never heard of the guy; but, with a name like that Ferdinand Magellan the name may be of Spanish origins in which case the ll should be pronounced as a “y” sound.

love a duck, i can't even say it if i try to make the ll a 'y' sound. makes me sound like i'm coughing up a fur ball ;)

mr magellan or madge to his mates :sad: is the subject of my little boy's school reading book. i'm hoping that this means they've realised he's a child not a retard, and are now going to give him interesting things to read. my hopes are not high though, so he'll no doubt be back to floppy, chip and kipper next week :laugh:

cheers,

velocidad

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
accountantpete said:
The seats nice and comfy - if a bit wet Andy - hope it's a bit better in Hull

i'm praying for rain to be honest. my water butts empty and i don't want to have to pay to water me vegies :biggrin:
never heard of a seat being described as a 'wet andy' ...:ohmy:

cheers,

velocidad

dellzeqq

pre-talced and mighty
behind you....

longers

Legendary Member
velocidad said:
mr magellan or madge to his mates :biggrin: is the subject of my little boy's school reading book.

Has he done any more pictures recently?

That Velociraptor was superb.

OP
OP
velocidad

velocidad

Veteran
longers said:
Has he done any more pictures recently?

That Velociraptor was superb.

oh yeah, he's done thousands since then. he's always been the same. don't know where he gets it from, no one else in the family is artistic. great to see how his drawings are developing. he has a real passion for natural history, so most of his pictures are of creatures of some sort, from pre-history to mythical. he does some great dragons.

cheers,

velocidad.

Top Bottom