few bits to build up a tourer...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

bonj2

right the only things I need now to make a tourer are:
* a front wheel
* brakes
* shifters
* saddle (brooks)
* a chain
* pedals, pref. 520s
(and bar tape, but that will have to be got new.)

anyone got any of the above things they are looking to part with?

4F

Active member of Helmets Are Sh*t Lobby
bonj said:
right the only things I need now to make a tourer are:
* a front wheel
* brakes
* shifters
* saddle (brooks)
* a chain
* pedals, pref. 520s
(and bar tape, but that will have to be got new.)

anyone got any of the above things they are looking to part with?

I have a brooks B17N in black that I used for about 500 miles before removing the torture device and replacing it with a toupe. Any use ?

OP
OP
B

bonj2

FatFellaFromFelixstowe said:
I have a brooks B17N in black that I used for about 500 miles before removing the torture device and replacing it with a toupe. Any use ?

oh right :smile: i did the exact opposite...
how much you want for it posted? if £20 or less i'll have it now, if more than £20 i'll probably still have it but once i've got a few more of the other bits, so hang on to it for now.

4F

bonj said:
oh right ;) i did the exact opposite...
how much you want for it posted? if £20 or less i'll have it now, if more than £20 i'll probably still have it but once i've got a few more of the other bits, so hang on to it for now.

20 posted would be fine with me. If you want I can hold onto it as it is just sitting in the back of the shed if you don't want it now. I did notice that you had sold the toupe's and gone down the brooks route :smile:

OP
OP
B

bonj2

decided to put the brooks i've already got on the tourer, and the 'summer bike' i'm building up a brooks wouldn't really go on it i don't think...

4F

bonj said:
decided to put the brooks i've already got on the tourer, and the 'summer bike' i'm building up a brooks wouldn't really go on it i don't think...

No problems and to be honest I wouldn't want to sit on it either. I shall flog it on e bay.

OP
OP
B

bonj2

no probs... sorry to mess you about.
I think brooks are insanely comfy, complete the opposite of what you do - must have a completely different shaped arse, but it just wouldn't be right to put a saddle on a bike where it weight almost half as much as the frame! ;) so i've put a toupe 155 on it, which i think will be probably a bit comfier than the 143.

Why do you think the brooks isn't comfy just out of interest - too much pressure in the middle, chafing at the sides, too much pressure on the sit bones?

OP
OP
B

bonj2

try selling it on yacf, you might get quite a bit of interest.
At least then the person who buys it will probably be more trustworthy than some random on ebay (i don't trust ebay or paypal so i might be biased.)

4F

bonj said:
Why do you think the brooks isn't comfy just out of interest - too much pressure in the middle, chafing at the sides, too much pressure on the sit bones?

I used to find it was ok for rides up to 20 miles but almost like a switch from 21 miles onwards the pain on the sit bones was unbearable. I may have been better with a standard B17 rather than the B17N but I am so pleased with my toupe I doubt I will ever cross my arse with a brooks again

Top Bottom