Field trip Friday continues !

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Zipp2001

Veteran
Well it won't be long and half day Friday, field trip Fridays will be ending. The Christmas shopping season at the shop kicks in full speed in about five weeks. Then it's no biking until the new year as I'll be working seven days a week 80+ hours a week. So today it was off to a new adventure at the Willard Brook State Forest for the first time. Its always a fun challenge riding blind for a novice like me, and getting little surprises around each of the corner.
Field trip Friday / Exploring New Trails ! - YouTube

"Riding blind"....always a step into the unknown:ohmy:
I'm riding some famiar roads in France at the moment. They may be familiar but it's frightening how much slower I've become. Probably need to do more road riding rather than purely mtb.... but, nah! I'm enjoying the trails too much. Sounds like you've got a heavy work periods ahead ....80+ hours a week sound grim.

OP
OP
Zipp2001

Zipp2001

Veteran
"Riding blind"....always a step into the unknown:ohmy:
I'm riding some famiar roads in France at the moment. They may be familiar but it's frightening how much slower I've become. Probably need to do more road riding rather than purely mtb.... but, nah! I'm enjoying the trails too much. Sounds like you've got a heavy work periods ahead ....80+ hours a week sound grim.

Former die-hard roadie but with all the steel bull drivers distracted with other things it's not as much fun and more dangerous nowadays. Now I've moved into trying to visit new trail networks around the surrounding region. I still enjoy my two main areas with over 100 miles of trails, but like exploring some new stuff as well. I'm slowly moving into a little more technical stuff for me because I'm still a novice at this trail riding game. When it comes to work I have to remind myself it only last for about 6 weeks so I can deal with it. Although I am compensated quite well for my time and receive a very large end of the year bonus as well which feeds my biking purchases and projects. .

Top Bottom