Finally back on the Raptobike.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Finally got the Rapto sorted. The new idler has arrived and I've just fitted it.

It makes you laugh when you look at the tracking record from America. You can see exactly where your package is by the minute.

Teracycle dispatches it. Gasp as it dashes across various States. Watch in awe as it wings its way through various sorting offices in different cities. Be mesmerised as it traverses a mighty ocean. Then shake your head is disbelief when it arrives in CUSTOMS CLEARANCE U.K. where it sits for 4 flippin' days!!!!

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
Value? as it might be there a while awaiting payment of any fees due.

OP
OP
BlackPanther

BlackPanther

Hyper-Fast Recumbent Riding Member.
Nope, it sat at customs for 4 days, then they released it to ParcelForce who emailed me with the fees, which I paid yesterday and they delivered today. Customs didn't even open it, so I can't understand why it took so long?

steveindenmark

Legendary Member
Nope, it sat at customs for 4 days, then they released it to ParcelForce who emailed me with the fees, which I paid yesterday and they delivered today. Customs didn't even open it, so I can't understand why it took so long?

Maybe they get an awful lot of packages every day to get through.

flake99please

We all scream for ice cream
It should be fairly quiet at this time of year. I have waited between 1 & 10 days for things to clear customs from the USA. Never waited more than 3 days from anywhere else in the world. Perhaps customs take more 'care' examining CN22 forms on goods from the states?

I had one from the US that was delivered by FedEx

Their fee was almost three times the cost of the item

So refused to accept it, and asked them to return it as I was not willing to pay that amount

No problem with the refund

Another example was a Dinotte light where after a long discussion the email trail proved it was a repair and not a new item... so I had the duty t
refunded

Top Bottom