Finally managed to beat...

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Mortiroloboy

one of my two local nemesi, Bucken Hill (aka 'that bastard hill)off the Wantage Road at Great Shefford, (Mac66 will know where I mean). The road rises sharply from the junction, from the bottom it's like looking up an escalator with no steps, There's no sign at the bottom, but I guess it must be 20% if not steeper, with a tricky little false flat half way up, open fields to both sides. Well today my cycling chums...I beat the bastard hill in a oner for the first time, when I got to the top, I shouted " beat you , you bastard" much to the consternation of a passing motorist (softtop) going down the hill!

Now all I need to do is get up the difficult side of Coombe Gibbet!

yenrod

False flats are little bitchy 'climbs/increments' that I hate with a poison !

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Oh and a 'big up' for Rikki at AW Cycles, who very kindly allowed me to queue jump my bike for its safety check this morning, even though he had a shed load of machines waiting to work on, I think the fact it's Campy equipped, and he's a Campagnolo man through and through that swung it, Thanks Rikki. :biggrin:

Mac66

User259iroloboy said:
one of my two local nemesi, Bucken Hill (aka 'that bastard hill)off the Wantage Road at Great Shefford, (Mac66 will know where I mean).

Indeed I do, I have managed this on a few occasions, but only on the granny ring:blush:

thePig

yenrod said:
False flats are little bitchy 'climbs/increments' that I hate with a poison !

Could not agree more. I always find myself looking repeatedly at my tyres checking if they are flat or something.

I just wrote a v.short story on false flats called - 'The Terror of The False Flat'.

Interesting read or full of *&$# ?? - I would really like your opinions.

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

Did a really hilly club run yesterday including Watership down and WhiteHill at Kingsclere (last years ToB KoM ). Lots of short sharp ones on the way round too, must be getting better, need to get some more hills in before the Highclere Sportive June 8th 200km lots of hills.

Keith Oates

Janner
User259iroloboy said:
Oh and a 'big up' for Rikki at AW Cycles, who very kindly allowed me to queue jump my bike for its safety check this morning, even though he had a shed load of machines waiting to work on, I think the fact it's Campy equipped, and he's a Campagnolo man through and through that swung it, Thanks Rikki. :blush:

I suppose he had to do that to keep the one or two Campag riders from changing to a better gear set!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

OP
OP
M

Mortiroloboy

:smile: Keith...Don't even go there ;) (Er, not AW cycles BTW)

Top Bottom