Finally

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

got-to-get-fit

Did my first ever club run on Sunday, 50 mile. I managed to stay the course although i think they took it a little easier than usual for me as im a beginner.

Anyway, i cant wait for next Sunday now and i might even do a club 10.

Wish i had done this years ago.

Virtual pat's on the back for me then.......:B)

alecstilleyedye

nothing in moderation
nice one gtgf. i like the club rides, when i get a weekend pass that is.

yenrod

got-to-get-fit said:
Did my first ever club run on Sunday, 50 mile. I managed to stay the course although i think they took it a little easier than usual for me as im a beginner.

Anyway, i cant wait for next Sunday now and i might even do a club 10.

Wish i had done this years ago.

Virtual pat's on the back for me then.......xx(

Next, you'll be on for a 100 ml'er... :B)

Keith Oates

Janner
Nice one gtgf, going out with club members is one of the things I like the most, when I'm back in the Philippines there are runs nearly everyday, once you get to know the people involved!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Mortiroloboy

GTGF, great isn't it, cycling is good fun, even better when there's a group of you, bet those 50 miles flashed past too.:blush:

atbman

Veteran
Are you sure this isn't a message from an alternate timestream?

First time out with a cycling club and they kept the speed down for a newcomer?

Is this a troll?

Hugo15

Über Member
Hey GTGF, can I ask who you went out with? I am on the other side of the river in Ingleby and get a bit sick of riding on my own.

OP
OP
got-to-get-fit

got-to-get-fit

No seriously they really did keep the pace down, i was well chuffed. I did struggle at times and after about 35 mile every slight incline felt like mount ventoux. But they were a great bunch of guys, they kept me encouraged, told me how well i was doing, let me draught them without expecting me to take the front for long periods and just made the whole experience an absolute joy.
They also understood that i had only been living here for a couple of year and were conscious that if they tore off and left me behind i would probably get lost.

I really cant wait for Sunday.

Hugo......i went out with Stockton Wheelers. I got there e-mail address on the internet and dropped them a note. They were so friendly and helpfull.
Im going out with them again this week if you want to PM me i will let you know times and meeting places and im sure it would be ok to tag along.
Membership is only about a Tenner as well.

Top Bottom