fingers?

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

poynedexter

i've been suffeering from bad blood circulation to the ends of my fingers and toes, reulting in pure white, numbness which can take 10 mins to disappear. it tends to be happening in the cold, dispite me not feeling particularly cold. even a 5 minute spell outside can bring it on
i eat well, training well, am feeling well and losing bodyfat nicely (down to about 18%).

its the oddest thing. i thought perhaps nerve related, but a fellow cyclist said to check my diet?

has anyone else had this recent ailment?

Herzog

Swinglish Mountain Goat
Been to the doctors yet? I would...soon...

OP
OP
poynedexter

poynedexter

wow, that looks to be it. ta very much. i'll have to get it looked into. maybe a blood test in case i need a tonic or a bit of blood doping.

cyberknight

As long as I breathe, I attack.
sounds like a bit of Reynaud's...if so, it probably looks worse than it actually is. A good pair of (warm) gloves will help in this weather..

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raynaud's_phenomenon
I suffer the same symptoms, i have to try and make sure my hands and feet stay warm with good gloves and overshoes/ socks.I also find keeping the rest of the body warm helps me a bit so i can be a bit toasty at times on the commute but it helps .

Skipper

I often used to get numb fingers. Maybe just gripping the handlebars too much. Ended up adding extra padding to the grips, i.e. foam as well as the rubber ones supplied. Does the job very well, no more numbness .........

Top Bottom