Finished the Way of the Roses

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

Janeyb

Back home after an absolutely amazing trip. I can't recommend the Way of the Roses highly enough. Perhaps the weather had something to do with it. We arrived Sunday night after very lengthy train delays and took the obligatory start pics before heading along the road to Lancaster. Then had 3 glorious days of sunshine. Wonderful scenery for the first half of the trip but some fairly hefty climbs too. Great though and I've certainly got my hill legs now! If you're really bored, I've done a little blog. So if you're after some light reading, pm me and I'll give you the details. Also, stayed in a couple of fab b & b's so again, let me know if you want details.

Here are a couple of pics:

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340370445.455129.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340370559.532210.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340370578.830569.jpg

ImageUploadedByTapatalk1340370596.950103.jpg

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Excellent - I was wondering how you got on!

You were lucky with the weather - it has been awful up here the past couple of days.

Why don't you put up a link to your blog so we can all read it - don't be shy! (If not, please send one to me. :thumbsup: )

OP
OP
Janeyb

Janeyb

Excellent - I was wondering how you got on!

You were lucky with the weather - it has been awful up here the past couple of days.

Why don't you put up a link to your blog so we can all read it - don't be shy! (If not, please send one to me. :thumbsup: )

Ta Colin. Think if we'd had this weather for all four days it would have been a very different experience - I.e. I probably would have jumped on a train home!

I must admit - I was feeling shy about posting the blog details. It's not exactly mind blowing but hey ho - guess people don't have to read it if they don't want to.

It's: www.offexploring.com/janeybelinda

ColinJ

Puzzle game procrastinator!
Looks like you really did have a super time!

I haven't ridden up that climb out of Settle but it is on my to-do list. I descended into Settle once and that was a good test of my brakes ...

Many people have come a cropper on that descent into Pateley Bridge! I rode it the other way on an epic 200 km ride from Hebden Bridge in 2006. I made the mistake of stopping to answer my phone halfway up (a wrong number!) and struggled to get going again. In the end I had to hang onto a dry stone wall to clip in, set off across the road and then veer up it once I'd got moving.

As you can see - we have some pretty challenging hills round here ...

OP
OP
Janeyb

Janeyb

congrats janey :bravo: looks like you had a great trip the wotr is on my list so poss bug you for b+b info

No probs. Have two I would highly recommend. It's a fantastic route. Loved every minute - even the pouring rain.

MontyVeda

a short-tempered ill-controlled small-minded troll
That's a cracking photo from Crook-o-Lune.

I keep meaning to do it myself but i think I'm still barred from Yorkshire

Lorrie

Regular
Read your blog sounds like you had a great time :thumbsup: I am still a beginner and have yet to find my hill legs

OP
OP
Janeyb

Janeyb

Nice blog guys.Whens the next trip!

Only when finances allow unfortunately. It was seriously expensive using b n b's. So we are hoping to fit in a camping touring weekend to try it out. Weren't sure the bikes were up to touring but they are workhorses so reckon with a minimalistic approach to camping, we should be ok.

Thanks for all the lovey comments all.

Top Bottom