Fired first time. Well, second. After eight years. Jawohl mate innit.

Page may contain affiliate links. Please see terms for details.

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Sorned for reasons various in July 2014, sitting in the front garden under a tarp ever since.

Battery was dead. :whistle:. Googling suggested I should drain & recharge oil & petrol, so did that. Turned on the fuel tap, petrol started leaking, fast. YouTube vid, replace fuel tubing (fiver off ebay). New battery arrives, says I don't need to charge it but what harm can it do? Charge it to bursting, and install. Turn fuel tap to reserve (v little fuel). No leaking. Turn on ignition, cross fingers, push button, starter motor kicks in well, but no start. Realise choke is off. (Remember: always did need choke to start.) Pull choke right over, press button, starter kicks in, brrrrrrrrmmmm!

Say this for Johnny German, when he nails summat together it bloody well stays nailed. :notworthy:

glasgowcyclist

Charming but somewhat feckless
Twin discs so looks like the R65 rather than the R45 (The Slug).

Dirk

If 6 Was 9
Sorned for reasons various in July 2014, sitting in the front garden under a tarp ever since.

View attachment 637902

Battery was dead. :whistle:. Googling suggested I should drain & recharge oil & petrol, so did that. Turned on the fuel tap, petrol started leaking, fast. YouTube vid, replace fuel tubing (fiver off ebay). New battery arrives, says I don't need to charge it but what harm can it do? Charge it to bursting, and install. Turn fuel tap to reserve (v little fuel). No leaking. Turn on ignition, cross fingers, push button, starter motor kicks in well, but no start. Realise choke is off. (Remember: always did need choke to start.) Pull choke right over, press button, starter kicks in, brrrrrrrrmmmm!

Say this for Johnny German, when he nails summat together it bloody well stays nailed. :notworthy:
My wife's BSA Bantam has been sat unused in our shed for 17 years - sorned since 2005. I dug it out last month, as she's considering selling it.
Put fresh fuel in it, put choke on and tickled the carb, battery was knackered so I turned the ignition switch to 'E' and it fired up on the 3rd kick. :okay:
Nothing special about your BMW. :tongue:

My wife's BSA Bantam has been sat unused in our shed for 17 years - sorned since 2005. I dug it out last month, as she's considering selling it.
Put fresh fuel in it, put choke on and tickled the carb, battery was knackered so I turned the ignition switch to 'E' and it fired up on the 3rd kick. :okay:
Bantam was DKW design seized as war reparations?

OP
OP
swee'pea99

swee'pea99

Legendary Member
Twin discs so looks like the R65 rather than the R45 (The Slug).
A hit, sir, a palpable hit!
Funnily enough it was a Beezer Bantam that first introduced me to bikes - my scout master got hold of an old one and was planning to teach a bunch of us how to maintain it. Never came off, for reasons I can't recall, but we did all get to ride the Bantam briefly, in some car park after dark. Must have been 14, 15 at the time. Bat out of Hell. :becool:

Top Bottom